Peter & Company Seeks Two Male Dancers
Peter & Co. is an emerging contemporary dance company locally based out of San Francisco, CA. We are seeking two men with a strong technical foundation in ballet and contemporary dance for our upcoming residency at SAFEhouse for the Performing Arts.
– A technician at heart who loves the ballet esthetic, but can also shift your weight, roll through your spine or work the floor like a modern master.
– Fun, personable, and patient – interested in building a dance company from the ground up. You also work incredibly hard.
– Natural thirst, drive, and ambition to make each day count. A collaborative attitude.
– Flexible (both literally and figuratively), quick to action, and smart.
– No ego to bring to the table, you love working in a team environment.
– Partnering experience required.
Training and Education:
– Successful completion in a professional training program, BA/BFA/MFA from an accredited dance institution, or equivalent level of combined experience in a professional dance company.
– Minimum of 8-10 years classical and contemporary ballet training.
– Minimum 8-10 years contemporary dance training with an emphasis on improvisation.
– Rehearsals: Sundays, May 10, 2015-July 26, 2015 from 10:00am-2:00pm.
– Performance Dates: July 30th and 31st.
– Project stipend for rehearsals and performances.
Interested? Please send us the following by April 15, 2015:
1. Résumé – List training/education and performance experience.
2. Video link – A demo reel is ideal (just show us how you dance)!
Connect with us at facebook.com/peterandco.sf and take a look at what we’ve been working on.