Malashock Dance: Chagall, a new dance musical
1:30 PM  -  3:30 PM
CHAGALL is a full-length dance-based musical about the life, work, and relationships of Russian Jewish painter Marc Chagall. The show will be choreographed by John Malashock (Artistic Director of Malashock Dance in San Diego). CHAGALL is a production of Malashock Dance, in association with La Jolla Playhouse and the UCSD Department of Theatre & Dance. World premiere performances will take place at La Jolla Playhouse, Nov. 28 – Dec. 13, 2015.
- Dancer must be an experienced performer; have strong technique; and be comfortable working in contemporary modern styles.
- Musicality is a must. CHAGALL will be performed to live, original music by Yale Strom.
- Dancer must have strong partnering skills.
- The dancer should be a charismatic performer, with the ability to convey the character. (No singing or speaking will be required.)
- Dancer will need to be present in San Diego from September 27 – December 13.
- The Chagall character is of Eastern European/Jewish decent. Dancers with this look are strongly encouraged to audition.
This will be a fully professional production. Travel, housing, and compensation will be provided.