Malashock Dance Audition Notice
Malashock Dance seeks a male dancer for the central role in CHAGALL. CHAGALL is a full-length dance-based musical about the life, work, and relationships of Russian Jewish painter Marc Chagall. The show will be choreographed by John Malashock and will feature 10 dancers, two actors, eight singer/actors, six musicians and one aerialist. CHAGALL is a production of Malashock Dance, in association with La Jolla Playhouse and the UCSD Department of Theatre & Dance. 13 performances will take place at La Jolla Playhouse, Nov. 28 – Dec. 13, 2015.
- Dancer must be an experienced performer; have strong technique; and be comfortable working in contemporary modern styles.
- Musicality is a must. CHAGALL will be performed to live, original music.
- Dancer must have strong partnering skills.
- The dancer should be a charismatic performer, with the ability to convey the character.
(No singing or speaking will be required.)
- The Chagall dancer will need to be present in San Diego from September 27 – December 13.
- The Chagall character is of Eastern European/Jewish decent. Dancers with this look are strongly encouraged to audition.
Auditions will occur in March, 2015 (New York, Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego).
Decisions will be made in April, 2015. Check malashockdance.org for updates on audition locations and times.
Interested dancers should submit a current photo and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and a link to performance samples, if possible.