Kiandanda Dance Theater seeks Volunteers
Kiandanda Dance Theater (KDT) is looking for art lovers and supports to volunteer for the 2015 Mbongui Square festival taking place on December 12 & 13, 7pm at Zaccho Studio, SF . Mbongui Square, an annual community festival organized by Kiandanda Dance Theater, is a gathering of dance, music, visual arts and spoken word artists of various styles from the Bay Area and around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
Commitment: attendance of 1 planning meeting within one week leading up to event, a total of a minimum 8 hours over the course of the two-day event
• Floaters: Assist performing artists in preparations during event
• Set-up/clean up dressing room area for performing artists
• Assist with at least one of the following in its entirety: set-up or clean-up of Mbongui Square evening
• Assist director and staff members where needed
• Assist at the box office
• Assist at the vending tables (food, drinks, product sales)
What you get for exchange for your precious time:
• Organic meal
• Standard and home made drinks (alcohol and non alcohol)
• Name acknowledgement in the program and other festival promo material
• One Company T-shirt
• Lots of fun
The KDT’s artistic director, Byb Chanel Bibene is the direct line of communication and supervision during the Mbongui Square event, but the Mbongui Square volunteers will answer to KDT staff members for assignments and instructions prior to the Mbongui Square event.
We ask that volunteers arrive 3 hours prior to show time.