JOB OPENING: P/T Administrator Manager
COMPANY: Robert Moses’ Kin
San Francisco dance company Robert Moses’ Kin (RMK) is highly praised throughout Northern California and the U.S. Founded in 1995 by Artistic Director Robert Moses’ Kin, the mission of RMK is to produce work that speaks to what is specific and unique in human nature, using movement as the medium through which race, class, culture, and gender voices the existence of our greater potential and unfulfilled possibilities. RMK presents an annual winter season at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, featuring a major world premiere typically involving high profile collaborators and a second semi-annual season of repertory works and works by guest choreographers at smaller venues in the Bay Area. RMK offers an annual summer intensive for professional and pre-professional dancers, and offers extensive outreach and educational programs while touring regionally and nationally.
The Administrative Manager reports directly to Artistic Director, and provides administrative support to Artistic Director, Marketing Director and Development Director.
HOURS: 10-20 hours per week to start with potential to grow into 30-40 hours per week.
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: Commensurate with skills
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://www.robertmoseskin.org/employment
Star Dance Studio is located in the Sunset District of San Francisco at 9th Ave and Moraga St. We are hiring a part-time office manager position in the next month. This is a long-term position. Please do NOT apply if you cannot commit to at least 2 years.
Star Dance provides high quality, professional educational services to our students. We are expanding our family by offering this position; we’re not just looking for another employee. A happy disposition, a love of working with families with children, and a real desire to help our staff and Star families are required. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, who prides yourself on a job well done and loves the idea of working with families, then please read on.
– Outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written; courteous manners
– Proficient with Mac platform, Microsoft Office Suite and / or Apple iWork applications. Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus; ability to type at least 50 WPM is required
– Responsible, punctual and reliable
– Detail-oriented and able to follow directions
– Excellent time management skills; ability to stay organized
– Motivated and willing to learn; positive attitude
– Self-starter and takes initiative
– Ability to thrive in a high-energy environment
– Ability to multi-task
The range for this position is $13 – $15 per hour max.
Please send resume by 8/31/2016 to: http://besthire1.com/part-time-office-manager-5
Zaccho Center for Dance and Aerial Arts is looking for a teacher of Aerial Silks or Tissu for the Youth Program of the fall season. Classes are every Tuesdays from 4:30 to 6:00pm from September to December. The Youth Program welcomes children between 7 and 15 years old and this class is mixed level.
We are looking for someone fun and serious who has experience teaching Tissu to the kids, who is able to manage a class with different levels and who knows how to share the tricks of the technique. We are looking for someone who knows how to construct a class from warm-up to composition and have great skills to teach guided technique instruction.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about teachers rates.
TEACHING ARTISTS: The Green Room is always looking for new Teaching Artists to add to our team. We focus on theater, dance, and musical education.
We currently have an opening for a Musical Theater teacher at various schools in, an Menlo Park, San Mateo, Hillsborough, Saratoga, and Los Altos.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves ACTING, DANCING, and SINGING, and wants to share his/her knowledge with an amazing group of children! Please email our Theater Director, Maggie Cole, at email@example.com with a resume as well as a cover letter highlighting your experience and why you feel you are right for the position.
– Experience working with children, grades K-5.
– Theater training (singing and dancing training are a plus!).
– Ability to supervise groups of children of different ages and create a safe, fun, and creative learning environment.
– Have a vehicle, and be willing to drive to various locations.
– Strong communication skills, especially with parents and school staff.
– Willing to prepare and follow lesson plans.
We are expanding The Green Room every year, and for that reason we are looking at candidates with potential for growth within the company.
Shawl-Anderson Dance Center (SADC) is seeking a part-time jazz dance instructor. The position entails teaching two 90-minute classes per week for beginning and intermediate teen students ages 12-18. SADC is seeking a vibrant, creative, student-centered instructor with a personalized approach to training teen dancers in the jazz vernacular. Potential candidates should be able to integrate various styles of jazz dance to present students with a well-rounded, contemporary curriculum that honors the traditions of the form and pushes students towards individual creative expression. Candidates should be available to begin work in fall 2016 for the academic year and be able to teach 90% of their classes each semester. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, approach their role as a team player and have a teaching style that reflects a passion for SADC’s mission and values. Three or more years of dance teaching experience preferred. To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume attached as a PDF and a cover letter in the body of the email explaining your interest, qualifications, and experience. Pay commensurate with experience in keeping with SADC’s current pay scale.
The City of Torrance is seeking a motivated Director (Community Services Leader III) to direct and supervise the Torrance Dance & Drill team. Torrance Dance & Drill focuses on teamwork, various dance styles, drill, marching techniques, and performance skills. We are in search of a dynamic, innovative individual who will plan, organize, and direct established programs, classes, and special events, as well as create and teach dance and drill choreography. If this sounds like you, apply with the City of Torrance today!
For more information and to apply, visit: www.TorranceCA.Gov/Jobs
Interested applicants must submit an online application available at www.TorranceCA.Gov/Jobs. Application submissions must be received by Friday, July 15, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. Only those candidates whose training and experience best meet the City’s needs will be invited to participate in an oral interview.
Oral interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of July 18, 2016.
AXIS Dance Company is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong leadership, teaching and communications skills. Collaboration and teamwork are at the heart of the creation and performance of our repertory and delivery of our extensive dance education and outreach program for people of all ages with and without disabilities. Candidate must be willing to participate fully in our extensive program of ambassadorial work.
Applicants must be available to teach a company contemporary dance class on July 25, 26, 27, 28 from 12-1:30 PM in Oakland.
For more information, please visit http://www.axisdance.org/rehearsal-director
Looking for a dance teacher who works with children ages 6-12 years old to choreograph dances for Aladdin Jr. This would be Monday’s and Wednesday’s from September 26th, 2016-January 23, 2017. This is a paying job
Shan-Yee Poon Ballet School is hiring for Summer!
We are a seeking passionate, vibrant teacher who is skilled in the performing arts to teach and assist with our summer dance camps. You must have a high energy level to match our students, excellent presentation and professionalism, and a thorough knowledge of dance.
We are looking for versatile teachers who enjoy teaching all ages (ages 3 – 8, 9 – 12.) Must also be able to teach simple crafts with an enthusiastic energy.
• Must have experience working with children (previous dance instruction for children is a plus)
• Come from a performance background (theater, dance, music, art etc.)
• Be confident in leading a class, connecting with students, speaking to parents about development.
• CPR certified (Must get one if hired)
• Have a flexible schedule.
• Be energetic, positive, reliable, punctual, organized and enthusiastic!
Candidates can be available for all weeks or some weeks:
• Pre camp preparation: flexible time to be arranged with Artistic Director weekday or weekend.
• Camp hours Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
• Be available for after camp cleanup and prep from 4 – 6 pm.
• There may be some days with before and after camp care from 8 – 9 am and 4 – 5:30 pm.
• Weekly Camps weeks are
5/31 – 6/3, 6/6-10, 6/13-17, 6/20-24, 6/27-7/1, 7/5-8, 7/11-15, 7/18-22, 7/25-29, 8/1-5, 8/8-12
Please email a CL & Resume. Please also include: If you have dance photo and/or headshot of yourself, or video link of you in performance.
The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Capital Fundraising Campaign Counsel and the Board of Directors in executing a capital fundraising campaign, as well as other development activities.
• Maintain detailed information on potential and actual donors, including memos from interviews, meetings and phone calls, using etapestry
• Handle all administrative details associated with the Fundraising Task Force meetings (i.e., prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
• Keep track of campaign participants, including the Task Force, Executive Director, Campaign Counsel and potential donors on track by scheduling meetings, and sending out needed materials
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Current advanced students may be considered.
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• A minimum of one year experience in an administrative position, preferably in a non-profit development office
Compensation and benefits
Salary/wage is negotiable and commensurate with experience
Health and dental insurance for employees over 35 hours per week (no co-pay)
Please email cover letter, resume, three references, and 1-3 writing samples in .doc or .pdf format to email@example.com
Attn: Barbara Ockel, Executive Director
Subject: [YOUR NAME], Development Assistant