CALI & CO’s Practice-to-Performance Workshop: creating community through experimentation, creative process and performance via:
– Somatic-based Contemporary Movement Class
– Improvisation with Authentic Intention
– Choreographic Invention, solo, duo, groups
– Creative Inquiry; talking, thinking, making dance…
– Original live music created in-house by Matt EL.
– Catered Vegetarian lunch Sat & Sun by Beautiful!
– Performance & Reception- Sunday, Feb 28@ 6pm (optional)
– Performed alongside invited Bay Area guest choreographers – TBA!
HOW MUCH: $250 (includes workshop, performance, reception and 2 day catered lunch)
Early Bird Deadline February 1: $225
*Proceeds go directly to support WAH! Fest 2016 @ Dance Mission April 29-May 1
Christine Cali is the Artistic Director of the San Francisco based CALI & CO dance founded in 2001. Her performance and teaching career spans over two decades both nationally and abroad. She holds an MFA in Dance from Hollins University/American Dance Festival (06′), BFA from Ohio University (97′), she is certified in Pilates and co-directed projectLIMB in Brooklyn, NY (03′-06′). Cali holds herself to creating a safe and dynamic container for dancers to share information, experiment and hone their skills while pushing each dancer to seek their potential as a mover and human.